– “I’m a Democrat, but Donald Trump did a very good job defending New York.”
– “I’d like Ted Cruz to go talk about New York values to the firefighters who rushed to the towers on 9/11, and the police and EMTs, to the brave New York police officers who keep our streets safe.”
– “I think (Cruz) hurt himself and he deserved to, and Trump, gotta give him credit, was right in the money in his response.”
– “He (Cruz) will be now forever on the front page of the Daily News memorialized, because they had the Statue of Liberty, and she made a gesture in Cruz’s direction.”
About Senator Charles Schumer
Senator Charles Schumer is the senior United States Senator from New York, a Democrat. First elected in 1998 by a margin of 55%–44%. Schumer was re-elected in 2004 by a margin of 71%–24% and in 2010 by a margin of 66%–33%. Before his election to the U.S. Senate, Schumer served in the US House of Representatives from 1981 to 1999, representing New York’s 16th congressional district, Manhattan. A native of Brooklyn and graduate of Harvard College and Harvard Law School, he was a three-term member of the New York State Assembly, serving from 1975 to 1980. He is the third-ranking Democrat in the Senate. Senator Schumer is often mentioned to become the next Democratic Leader of the Senate when current Leader Harry Reid retires.
- Schumer: Trump ‘right on the money’ defending NY – The Hill (http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/266174-schumer-trump-right-on-the-money-defending-ny)
- ‘Nobody likes him’: Trump doubles down on Cruz amid ongoing beef – New York Post (http://nypost.com/2016/01/17/nobody-likes-him-trump-doubles-down-on-cruz-amid-ongoing-beef/)
- Schumer: Trump Right Defending ‘New York Values’ – Newsmax (http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/709815)
To hear John CATS upcoming roundtable radio shows, tune in at 9 AM New York time every Sunday morning on 970 AM Radio: The Answer! Can’t get to a radio? Listen in online! The show is live at www.am970theanswer.com at 9 AM New York time every Sunday morning. Thanks for listening!