– “There’s no reason any New Yorker should be helping him (Ted Cruz) with money so he can insult us…It’s disgusting for anyone to attack New York City for their own political gain.”
– “He (Ted Cruz) is very happy to come here and raise money. He’ll take New York’s money. He’ll take big loans from Goldman Sachs and then he turns around and attacks the people of New York.”
– “I don’t likely say I agree with Donald, but Donald Trump in this case, I thought he characterized it exactly right, that the same city that withstood the terrorist attacks of 9/11 and rebuilt and showed such strength and such grace, we deserve respect from somebody who says he wants to be president of the United States.”
– My “blood is boiling right now. We’re the biggest city in the country; we’re the greatest city in the country — for him to play to the — you know, his political base and play his political game against the values and interest of eight-and-a-half million Americans is absolutely disgusting.”
About Bill de Blasio
Bill de Blasio, New York City Mayor, Democrat is serving as the 109th mayor of New York City. From 2010 to 2013, he held the citywide office of New York City Public Advocate. Mayor DeBlasio recently announced a new war against homelessness in the City. He formerly served as a New York City Council member, representing the 39th District in the center of Brooklyn. In 1997, he was appointed to serve as the regional director for the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for New York and New Jersey under the administration of President Bill Clinton. The following year, he served as campaign manager for Hillary Rodham Clinton’s successful United States Senate bid. The Mayor wanted to say a few words about Republican Presidential candidate’s Ted Cruz remarks last night at the debate about “New York values.” Senator Cruz remarks about New Yorkers.
- De Blasio’s ‘blood is boiling’ after Cruz ‘New York values’ remarks – Metro (http://www.metro.us/new-york/bill-de-blasio-s-blood-is-boiling-after-cruz-new-york-values-remarks/zsJpaq—4zjeSynvyrD6/)
- Trump calls Cruz a hypocrite: ‘He’s a nasty guy’ – Daily News (http://m.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-calls-cruz-hypocrite-nasty-guy-article-1.2499624)
- De Blasio tells New Yorkers not to donate to ‘hypocritical’ Cruz – New York Post (http://nypost.com/2016/01/17/de-blasio-tells-new-yorkers-not-to-donate-to-hypocritical-cruz/)
- De Blasio, Schumer and Rubio Call Out Cruz on Raising $$ in New York – JP Updates (http://jpupdates.com/2016/01/17/de-blasio-schumer-and-rubio-call-out-cruz-on-raising-in-new-york/)
To hear John CATS upcoming roundtable radio shows, tune in at 9 AM New York time every Sunday morning on 970 AM Radio: The Answer! Can’t get to a radio? Listen in online! The show is live at www.am970theanswer.com at 9 AM New York time every Sunday morning. Thanks for listening!