– “We need to preserve and protect small businesses in New York, they are the key to our economic growth”.
– “We need to do a better job regulating street vendors…but they need to co-exist with our small businesses”.
– “Street vendors need to be designated in areas where they can sell their ware where it’s not in direct competition with an established business”.
– “Body cameras go a long way to providing redress to police officers who are often victims of false complaints…they are a win-win for police as well as individuals who feel their rights have been violated”.
– Brought a lawsuit against the Department of Education because “too many special ed children were trapped in buses this summer without air conditioning”.
About Public Advocate Letitia James
Public Advocate Letitia “Tish” James is the New York City Public Advocate. She is lawyer, activist in the Democratic Party. She previously served as a member of the New York City Council, representing Brooklyn’s 35th Council District, which includes the neighborhoods of Clinton Hill, Fort Greene, parts of Crown Heights, Prospect Heights and Bedford-Stuyvesant.
To hear John CATS upcoming roundtable radio shows, tune in at 9 AM New York time every Sunday morning on 970 AM Radio: The Answer! Can’t get to a radio? Listen in online! The show is live at www.am970theanswer.com at 9 AM New York time every Sunday morning. Thanks for listening!